The Big Red Barn Strikes Again.
6:30 AM
, By: Ash & JDLast year, we stumbled upon the Big Red Barn for our pumpkin picking out in Santaquin. If you read my post last year, you know how much I LOVE picking out my pumpkin...the legit way. I feel like you HAVE to go to an actual pumpkin patch, and this place just does not disappoint. They stick a trailer on a John Deere and drive you out to the patch. That's even better than what we did when I was a kid. What I really love about it though, is that in the actual red barn, they have delicious pears and apples {from their acres}, apple cider, yummy ice cream, apple cider donuts {heavenly!!}, and all other delicious fall delights. How did I not discover this place 6 years ago?
With things being so crazy this month, it's been hard to find time to finally go and pick out our pumpkins. We had planned on making a trip last week, but then it became winter within 0.48593 seconds out of no where. On Saturday, the sun decided to make its debut so we called up the sibs and headed out. Turns out that the early bird doesn't always get the worm. Since we went just a few days before Halloween, the pumpkins were free, although they did have a limit of 2 per person. You better believe that J & I took them up on their offer.
We picked out 4 perfect pumpkins, but we are still trying to figure out how in the heck we're going to top our pumpkins from last year {here & here}. I'm totally open to ideas/suggestions. I'm fresh out. I have one in mind, but we still have 3 more pumpkins to do. So all of you "Halloween'ers" ... don't be shy. We're carving tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment