Oct. 2006: JD and I meet... I try to con him into visiting pumpkin patch with me. Doesn't happen.
Oct. 2007-2008 (JD's on mission): I try to get group of friends to go to pumpkin patch. Doesn't happen.
Oct. 2009: JD is home, we're engaged. I beg him to go to pumpkin patch. Doesn't happen.
Oct. 2010: We're married. No pumpkin patch.
Aug-Oct. 22nd 2011: BEG, BEG, ANNOY about pumpkin patch. Finally on Saturday it happens. And he was even excited about it.
You see, when we were growing up we always went and picked a pumpkin from a patch in the burg. Since I'm not a very dress-up and freak out about Halloween person, I take the small little traditions that I do have in my life for this holiday, quite seriously...and this year, I finally succeeded. Hoorah! I'm hoping we can tack this on to our teensy list of traditions for our little family.
Since I am a Payson girl now (that's where I teach), I've heard bits and pieces about this little pumpkin patch in Santaquin, so that is where we went. We were totally impressed. Apple cider donuts, fruity ice cream, and pumpkins galore. We felt like we were living in Lancaster, PA amongst the Amish again. Enjoy the pictures.










SUCH a fabulous Saturday afternoon. Can't wait for next year!
1 comment:
hahaha jd's head over the maze. glad all your wishes came true :)
Post a Comment