Happy Red Ribbon Week.

7:00 AM

{2011 Poster}

{2012 Poster}

Every year our school celebrates Red Ribbon Week {as do most}.  Each class has to make a banner and it's always a challenge to come up with something good.  Last year we went for more of a "cute" route {& I still think it's adorable!}.  This year, my class decided to get very creative with their song titles.  I was laughing pretty hard as they were brainstorming their list.  I guess I have some T. Swift, LMFAO, and Carly Rae Jepsen fans.  Who knew?  

We had a nice little conversation about being drug free.  Some of my students asked me if I had ever done drugs.  In that moment, I had this sigh of relief come over me that I didn't have to either a. admit something embarrassing about my past or b. lie to my students.  I felt proud to tell them that I have been drug free for 24 years {a.k.a. my whole life}.  When I went to glue the word "drug" on the poster, some of them about wet their pants screaming, "AHHH!  Mrs. Raz!!  You broke your streak!  You're touching "drugs!"  Niiiiceee, guys.  

No comments: