These are all amazing. Unfortunately, Anthro has done it again & I hate them for it. I'll just stare...
Random ramblings for Thursday...
-Election Day is 5 days away. CRAAZZY! I have to say though that I am definitely ready for it to just happen, already.
-J put together the best little Halloween party yesterday (that's right... he took it on with almost no help from me). I can't wait to post pictures! He did awesome. And you should've seen the costumes... holy hilarious.
-Halloween Eve/Halloween/Sugar Crash Day have all come and gone. Thank goodness. My students were relatively good during everything. I was pretty impressed but I'm glad it's past. It means that we're one step closer to Thanksgiving break!
-I really feel the need to start playing Christmas music every morning when my kids come in. I mean, it's going to take at least a few weeks for them to learn the lyrics to "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" {N*Sync}. Bunch of rookies...those 12 year olds. No appreciation for the boy bands of the 90's...
-We spent some time this week talking about Hurricane Sandy. The kids have been pretty interested in it and a lot of them have been keeping up with the news coverage on it. It's been on my mind quite a bit, too. As I was driving to school on Tuesday morning, I couldn't help but feel so humbled by the fact that I COULD go to work that day. I couldn't help but feel grateful that I was having a normal, average morning. Things would go as usual - wake up, throw some make-up on, drive to school, get kids started on morning work, say the pledge, start math, go to recess...etc. I take the normalities in my life for granted BIG time. It's amazing how it takes these kinds of situations to realize how lucky and blessed we are to have those "average" days.
-I got the iPhone 5 recently. I'm such a sad case with it. You'd think I'd be decent with it since I have a macbook and iPad...but no. I had to have one of my students teach me how to silence it all the way. I'm such a genius.

No comments:
Post a Comment