The little things in life.

10:29 PM



Remember this post?  Shortly after I wrote it, Costco took "Eggo" off the shelves once again and replaced it with the Kirkland brand.  I was pretty upset about it.  I mean, I know I can get 24 packs from a normal grocery store...but 60 packs are more my style.  I worked (@ GAP) tonight and came home to a fully stocked fridge.  You can imagine my surprise/excitement when I opened the freezer and found that box sitting there just shining like a beacon in the night (just like last October).  I kept it on my lap for like 20 minutes before I put it back -- I hope I didn't thaw those waffles too much!  

Thennnn, when I opened the fridge, I saw one of my very favorite snacks (aside from no-bake cookies, anything chocolate, otter pops, moose tracks ice cream & other "bad for you foods") just sitting there waiting for me to devour it.  I tried my hardest to control myself, but the grape tomatoes are already gone.  And tomorrow is Sunday, dang it.  

This week has been tiring exhausting.  Yesterday I experienced that moment where you can literally feel yourself getting more and more tired and you catch yourself moving slower and slower, at school as I was cutting math homework.  All of a sudden I realized I was cutting at 1/3 of the pace that I'd been cutting, 10 minutes before.  It was as if my brain and body were working in slow motion.  Then, I had SO much to do today & was planning on waking up at 9 am.  Yeah right.  Who did I think I was?  Don't even worry that I slept in until 11 and then moved like a sloth for the next hour.  I did what I could, and then handed the rest over to J to do while I went to work.  I was a bit of a failure today but honestly... I was SO tired.  I'm not used to having to go-go-go all the time.  My summer was a little too laid back & I'm paying for it now.  I'm definitely in for it next week when the kids get there since "go-go-go" - "smile, smile, smile" - "patience, patience, patience" is my job in a nutshell.  SO, for the time being, I just need to chill out & enjoy the little things in life that make me happy... like 60 packs of Eggo Waffles and Hummus/Grape Tomato snacks.  Most of all, I need to enjoy my SA-weet husband for just being him (& bringing home reaaaalllly yummy food).  

No comments: