DIY Filing Cabinet Makeover

10:31 PM

Back in May, the other sixth grade teachers and I sent all of our worksheets, tests, etc. to the district office to be copied.  Although it's super nice to just have everything made for the year, it also takes A LOT of filing space.  I have 6 built-in cabinets that I use, but this year I knew I was going to need a bit more room.  I went to D.I. and bought this little gem.  It was super dirty and gross and even after a good cleaning, I still knew it needed a good facelift.  I googled so many filing cabinet makeovers and quickly realized that there are some REALLY talented people out there.  However, I also knew I didn't have a ton of time to be too much of a perfectionist about it.  I finally finished it today and although my angles are totally off, I like it way better than the way it looked the day I bought it.  It adds a fun pop of color & since I am sort of "anti-themed classrooms," I try to still make my room fun and bright.  (Sidenote: I also have a black filing cabinet, but it belongs to the school & so I didn't want to alter it.) 



P.S. Doug, Kendy, & Austin (sibs) came over for dinner tonight.  We ended up playing Settlers of Catan for 2 1/2 hours.  SO fun.  I seriously laughed so hard I was crying.  I love my family!


No comments: