Busy (& sore) bees.

11:53 PM




Welp.  My body is feeling like it's run 3 marathons in the last 3 days (not that it would actually know...since I've never even considered it, but you know...).  I'm not sure what I was thinking when I talked myself into the pros of living on the third floor.  Moving in up that many flights of stairs just plain old sucks.  No other way to describe it.  By some miracle, we got my brother and sis-in-law to come help us move in (bless their souls) which was a HUGE help.

We stayed up until 4:30 a.m. Monday night to try and finish putting away everything.  We didn't quite succeed so we worked for another 2 hours on Tuesday and then ran errands, and slaved in my classroom until 1:30 a.m. (yeah..we've been night owls lately).  Wednesday we finished hanging everything up (mostly) and even reupholstered our chairs - easiest thing in the world and I wish we would've done it a year ago.  They were so gross and nasty that I don't know how anyone ever sat on them before.  We bought the entire set off Craigslist before we were married for what we thought was a good deal.  Not so much.  I hate that table...but the new chairs make it feel a bit fresher.   We're also working on a filing cabinet paint job for my classroom (more pictures to come with the finished product later).

We have been insanely busy this week and I'm not sure how in the world I'm going to transition myself into school mode/wake up for the first contracted day tomorrow (kids don't come until Tuesday).  I'm just feeling grateful that we've been able to get as much done as we have.  JD and I have spent a total of 13 hours in my classroom between two different days.  Is he a saint or what?!  It's almost ready & you can bet that the moment it's all finished I will be doing a victory dance on top of one of the desks. ;)

p.s. the "E" in the top left photo will eventually be an "R" -  I borrowed it from another project until I'm able to make it back to the store.

2 comments:

Colette said...

Love the chairs so cute!

Ali W. said...

Oh my gosh this is SO CUTE! I love how you decorated, You have the cutest style ever ashley.