My 6 month bump.
11:04 AM
, By: Ash & JDI'm not quite 6 months yet, but I'm only 3 days away and that's close enough. I have been feeling like I should write a pregnancy update for so long. I had big plans. You know… I was going to record every symptom and little change in my body on a weekly basis. That obviously didn't happen, so I'm going to need to play catch-up here.
I hope I'm not speaking too soon {I probably am…let's be honest}, but being pregnant isn't half bad. I had a very easy first trimester & really lucked out in that regard. I was pretty tired and when I'd get home from work I'd crash with a 2 hour nap and then go to bed when JD got home a few hours later. I was also STARVING all the time. There was one day where I just looked at JD and started crying because every time I ate, I'd never be full. I was positive I was going to turn into the world's largest pregnant woman because I was so hungry all the time! That's tapered off quite a bit and I feel like I'm back to my normal eating habits {unless you put some tender beef brisket in front of me…the girls and I can pound it like it's nobody's business}. While I laughed reading all my pregnancy apps telling me it's perfectly normal to lose weight the first trimester from being so sick and not wanting to eat anything {yeah right}, I'd much take a few extra pounds as opposed to morning sickness every day. Other than the fatigue and hunger, the only other "symptom" I experienced was some sciatic nerve issues. Those started pretty early on at about 8 weeks but have also died down quite a bit.
The craziest thing to me is how much your body starts changing…and soooo quickly. I won't get too graphic here, but seriously. Every time I get in the shower I feel like I don't even recognize myself. Every little bit of you just starts to change and adapt. I won't lie… sometimes that's hard. Anyone who tells you different is just flat out amazing, because for me it's been a difficult thing to accept. Especially since I'm fairly certain that I won't ever really have my pre-pregnancy body back. It's hard to step on the scale every two weeks at appointments and see your weight continue to rise. It's hard to see numbers you've never seen in your life. And it's really hard to see random parts of your body that don't seem to have much to do with being pregnant {ah hem, my thighs} chunk up - even when you're eating pretty well.
Even though watching change after change can be draining, there's something so incredible about pregnancy to me. The body is amazing. The fact that my 5'3" frame can cart TWO babies around every day is so crazy. And yeah, my thighs have more fat and cellulite than they probably ever have in my life, but those two legs are what carry all three of us around all day long. THAT is pretty awesome. And yes, my stomach is quite large {and only going to get bigger} with veins running through it {sorrrrryyyy…but it's true!} but that stomach is housing two of the biggest blessings to ever happen to our family. And now that we can actually see those two little sistas in there moving all around, it seems even more amazing.
So even though my body is moving more slowly, I'm not allowed to just walk all over the place like I used to, I can barely sit on the couch longer than 45 minutes without my back wanting to die, and the four flights of stairs to get to our apartment are getting a whole lot harder, I couldn't be happier. I know everyone says the moment you get to look into their eyes for the first time is something that words can't even describe. It must be true because every time we get to see our little girls during our ultrasounds {twins are considered high risk, so we go to the doctor A LOT}, I want to cry, laugh, ooh, ahhh, and yank those chicks out so I can just meet them already {except not really because I have a crap load of stuff to get done before they come}!! I feel like they have such little personalities already and JD and I are just dying to get to hold them in our arms for the first time & meet these two little girls that we already feel like we know and love so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Girl, this is the truth right here. I didn't even realize how big I was until I got home from the hospital and decided I would try to put my jeans on, and when it stopped at my knees I knew it was worse than I thought. But if you eat healthy and you were healthy and skinny before I'm a believer than you can get back-no my body will never be the same, but I'm a mom now and it was worth it. Plus twins-you go girl.
Post a Comment