On Being Fit.

8:00 AM

{I apologize beforehand for the inappropriate sitting position} 

I took this photo on Saturday while at the gym {obviously} with the husband.  We know we look good {and suuuuper tan} so keep the compliments to yourself.  We happened to sleep in, which is a fairly regular occurrence on a Saturday morning and decided to be somewhat productive so we headed to the gym.

J has been a huge support in getting me to work out again - and when I say "again" I mean I really haven't consistently worked out since before JD got home from his mission.  I'm not a big exerciser.  In fact, I sort of hate it.  I try to enjoy it, but I really just don't.  It's not that I'm looking to lose any weight, but I'd like to feel a little bit more in shape.  I play capture the flag with my kids and my heart rate goes through the roof.  Just last month I taught a dance for an assembly to my class and seriously could hardly breathe by the end of it.  I'm not even 25 yet, for crying out loud!  I shouldn't be feeling like that every time I do something that requires minimal activity.

I really, truly hate working out but my husband has started to develop a love for it in the past few months.  I've been dragged along lately and have despised nearly every moment, until today.  We normally do our own workouts, but today we spent most of the time together and it was actually enjoyable.  I had my own littler personal trainer encouraging me and teaching me some new tricks.  We had a contest on who could hold the bridge the longest {he won}.

Let me tell you, I have a rockstar of a husband.  He pushes me, encourages me, and makes me want to be better.  Even if that means he's forcing me to do 100 lunges across the gym.  Here's to hoping that once the weather gets nicer and we head out to play some class games, I can breathe a little easier.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

your blog is awesome! going to the gym is definitely a love-hate relationship. i mainly go to justify all the crap i eat.