Yeah! The day finally came. I am a 4 eye once again! Truth is, my eye sight isn't THAT bad. But back in high school, I had some weird obsession with glasses and since I technically did have a prescription for lenses, I got 'em. Once I got to college, I stopped wearing them, mostly because they were dorky, out of style frames and I obviously needed to make a good impression on my fellow cougs.
Time passed and I didn't really think I needed them. Last year, I had a few of my students comment on how I was always squinting at the whiteboard when I was in the back of the room. I brushed it off and didn't think much of it until I was at LensCrafters with my sister this summer. I didn't realize until I was there that I wasn't on any vision plan... so no glasses for me {until open enrollment...which was January 2013}. I was bummed, but I figured I probably didn't really need them. This year, my students have made it a point to remind me at least once a week that I can't see anything if it's written in color on the whiteboard...especially math problems! They loveeee mocking my squinting. I waited until January and then high-tailed it to LensCrafters for an eye exam. Since I'm extremely impatient, it's a huge plus that they do your glasses right there for you.
Does anyone else ever have some extreme urge to cut, color, or do something drastic to their hair like I do? These glasses sort of fulfill that for me. I feel like a new woman & I have to admit that I kind of like it. :)
3 comments:
I love the glasses and I'm glad you filled your void of needing a hair change with them. Yous be looking good girl.
You look so cute in your glasses! I had to comment because I totally want to do something with my hair too. I am SO SICK OF IT. I kind of want bangs, andddd I kind of want to cut it short. I guess maybe I should just get glasses! :)
I love your glasses--you look great in them! I have had glasses since 1st grade, so I am basically blind, and my glasses are too thick to be cute :)
floral&fudge
Post a Comment