Sisterly Crafts.

11:30 PM


Thursday evening, we had a little craft night.  I'm one of those people who sees something on a website or someone's pinterest and thinks..."Whatever.  I could probably make that on my own."  And then I NEVER do it.  This year, I held to my guns and I finally did a few of the things I've been talking about for a while now.  We did snow globes, reindeer silhouettes, glitter canvas trees, and cone trees.  We were pretty long winded.  By 1 AM, I was finally in bed {and woke up on Friday morning cursing my own name}.  As you can see, I took most of it to school with me the next day to add to the classroom.  I figured I'm there for more hours a day than I am in my own home so I may as well enjoy it while I can.

I have to say... I am SO glad I took the time this year to really put some Christmas love into my classroom.  The kids came in on Friday and for the first 10 minutes, they couldn't stop talking about all of the decorations.  It made me feel happy that they noticed and were enjoying it.  When I told them I was going to draw names to see who was going to take home the trees before Christmas break, I thought some of them were going to die right there {BOYS even!}.  And they were pretty amazed with the snow globe.  Let's just hope it doesn't just suddenly explode over the weekend.  It's sitting right next to my computer...ruh roh.

3 comments:

danielle said...

You're so ambitious for decorating the classroom.... I'm getting there. Oh wait, break is in 1 week. NVM.

danielle said...

ps- it all looks awesome! good job!

Karisha said...

Did you draw or your tree or find a silhouette? If so, where? Cause I've looked but I just love the tree you have!