A 90's Christmas.

5:30 AM


This past weekend, our friends threw a Christmas bash... 90's style.  My evening preparations consisted of sequins, hair spray, teasing of the hair, and youtubing videos of how to get the Kelly Kapowski look.  When we found out it was 90's themed, I immediately thought of my mom who had the biggest hair you've ever seen and wore sequined dresses to just about every work party I can think of {thanks for being such a bombshell, mom!}.  Pandora 90's Pop was playing the entire night and by the time I got home from the party, I had the station added to my Pandora account.  UHHH-mazing.  Isn't it funny how 15 years can go by without hearing the song and all of a sudden you remember every word?  Before our white elephant gift exchange, Cam had everyone share their favorite thing from the 90's.  Why is it so much fun for me to reminisce about those things?  Those were THE days.  I decided to compile an entire list.  Feel free to add.

In no particular order... the best {and sort of the worst} things about the 90's according to me: 

1. T.G.I.F
2. Pogs - so stupid and I freaking loved them.
3. "Power Rangers" - Yellow Ranger fo life.
4. Doug Funny
5. Britney Spears/Christina Aguilera
6. Boy bands
7. "Flash Forward" - please tell me you remember Becca and Tucker...?
8. "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" - I could wet my pants just thinking about this show.
9. Spice Girls - I once wrote a letter to Geri.  Great role model...
10. Furbies
11. Tamagachis {sp??}
12. Pokemon {according to JD}
13. Nintendo 64
14. AOL Instant Messenger
15. Beanie Babies
16. Carmen Sandiego {the computer game}
17. Rollercoaster Tycoon {computer game} - We literally spent hours on #16 & 17 at our house.
18. Stick-on earrings
19. Butterfly Clips
20. Mary Kate & Ashley detective shows
21. Polly Pocket
22. One Saturday Morning
23. Overalls
24. Easy Bake Oven - there were fires started on these things.
25. Limited Too
26. "Bug Juice"
27. "Legends of the Hidden Temple"
28. "Space Jam" - we watched this at one of my birthday parties in elementary school...
29. "Fern Gully"
30. Scrunchies
31. Jellies
32. "Best Friend" necklaces
33. "Rugrats"
34. "Sabrina the Teenage Witch"
35. "Boy Meets World"
36. Jonathan Taylor Thomas
37. Super Soakers
38. Gelly Roll pens
39. Mr. Sketch Scented Markers
40. The Macarena
41. The Baby-sitters Club
42. Nancy Drew
43. War Heads
44. Gushers
45. "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"
46. "Jumanji"
47. Cooties
48. Lunchables
49. Capture the Flag in the backyard EVERY night of summer
50. Every Disney movie.

Phew.  If you made it through that list, you better be smiling right now.  The 90's were pretty freaking awesome.  Life was simple and hilarious.  And honestly, it's a good thing none of those shows are still airing.  My DVR would be jam-packed every night.

3 comments:

Rachel U said...

the 90s pandora station is seriously my fav. i loved this list. i used to look up Toys R Us number in the yellow pages and call them every weekend to see if they had any more tamagachis in stock. the 90s were the best.

Anonymous said...

I'll add thise nasty fake tatoo lookin necklaces... Yesssss

Brittany said...

Salute your shorts and Hey dude