Embarassing, really. But sometimes a girl has to just be a freaking girl after working from 8am - 8pm. Alright? Much to JD's excitement {I'm laying the sarcasm on pretty thick...}, we put up our tree tonight! Although I should have been writing 14 journal responses, I ditched out on any sense of responsibility that I had left in my body and turned on some tunes & decorated my
Truly, I never grew up on a real tree so it's just never been much of a priority for me. I suppose one day when we have kiddos, we'll make a tradition out of pumpkin patch'ing and tree picking. It's just not quite on the top of my mile long to-do list these days. We have lots of other fun little Christmas traditions that I will one day maybe sit down and actually type out for my posterity. Is anyone else noticing a "one day..." trend lately? Ugh. I'm sorry but at 11 o'clock at night, there's only one thing that sounds appealing: Bed with husband catching up on "America's Next Iron Chef: Redemption."
So, with that said... one day I'll post some fun traditions I grew up with, and one day {& when I say "one day" I mean like 10 years from now} I'll get a real tree where you can't see the pole going up the middle.
What traditions did you people grow up with? I want some ideas. I have this goal to make the holidays in my home the most bomb dot com time of the year...

2 comments:
I love it! So pretty and festive. You have inspired me. I know what I'm doing tonight!
We LOVE next iron chef! So so good. Great tree! And so excited for your move to SF!
Post a Comment