Whew! That was one serious photo dump. Can you tell I had a hard time picking which ones I wanted post? We had a great Thanksgiving break. I'm still in denial that tomorrow is Monday...
J is from California, but his family owns a cabin up in Island Park, Idaho. The family decided to spend the holiday there, which ended up working out nicely for us since it's just a 5 hour drive away. Before we headed up north, we celebrated my sis-in-law's birthday the right away...at Cheesecake Factory. YUM! You guys, I kid you not... the Chipotle Chicken Pasta is where it's at. It's probably my favorite meal of all time. J did find a recipe that's quite similar if you just can't make it out to CF. We resort to it quite often...but mostly because I kind of hate forking out that much cash just for a plate of pasta.
Anyhow, our break was full of family, puppy time {J's brother, Doug, bought a dog...AHHH!!}, walks, LOTS of delicioussss food, and of course Mexican Train. We sure have a lot to be grateful for this year. One of the biggest topics of gratitude, is JD's dad. It's been a year since the stroke, and he is continuing to make progress. His speech is slowly, but surely coming back a little bit at a time. He even joined us on part of the pre-turkey dinner walk! Jayme {J's mom} is equally amazing. She has so much patience and is a perfect example of exhibiting true love. We are so thankful for our families, our home, my job, JD almost being done with school, and so much more.
Oh, and you guys...Christmas break is only 26 days away {for me}. Just throwing it out there...


No comments:
Post a Comment