Saturday Brunch.

9:42 AM


I am having such mixed feelings about this chilling weather that's settling in.  On the one hand, I L.O.V.E. fall clothes.  How can you not love layering, sweaters, scarves, boots (I've finally been able to bust out my boots from the Anniversary Sale), etc?  On the other, it's making the whole "getting out of bed and getting on with my day" thing, kind of hard.  First of all, it's dark in the mornings (and we haven't even had daylight savings yet!) and second of all, J and I have a tendency to keep the window open in our room at night.  I kind of love when I get in bed and it's cold so that I can wrap myself up in my blankets (I know...weird).  So the night part of all of that, is great.  It's just that when I wake up at 7am and it's freezing cold and dark, I find myself wanting to call in for a sub simply because it's too cold to take my sheets off.  Does anyone else feel that way??

Twice a year, our church holds conferences in which every member in the world tunes in to hear from the prophet, apostles, and other leaders.  These are held on Saturday and Sunday.  Growing up, we had a tradition of having a huge brunch during the Sunday sessions.  Now that we're in our own little family, we've started a little tradition of going out to brunch before the Saturday session.

This year we chose Communal {we had to make reservations because we knew there was no way either of us would ever get out of bed if we didn't absolutely have to - so don't mind my "I just rolled out of bed and put clothes on" look}.  We've been there once before {last October, actually} and so I was expecting nothing short of delicious.  They passed the test once again.  I had french toast with diced apples and maple syrup and J barely put a dent in his sandwich and potatoes.  Since we've only been twice now, and both times for breakfast in the fall, I have sort of clumped Communal and cool fall weather all in one.  When we were there this time, I realized that it really reminded me of one of our favorite restaurant's in San Francisco: Nob Hill Grille.  I love that Provo has that little downtown city feel near Center Street.  Okay, fine.  I just love Provo in general.

No comments: