6 Years.

10:25 PM


6 years ago tonight, fate brought us together {& we took the above photo}.  We have to back waaaay up to get the full story.  I dreamt of going to BYU pretty much my whole life.  After a few weeks, I basically hated it.  I missed my best friends {who were going to the same college in South Carolina} and I was getting really fat {...no...for real}.  So, needless to say BYU was not living up to all that I had built it up to be & I wasn't having the best attitude about my life there.

J and I actually had a few encounters before October 13th.  However, since I was Miss Negative Nancy, I kind of ignored him and his Californian self {I'd met my fair share of annoying California boys and I was kind of over it}.  One time he came and introduced himself on a Sunday to my roommates and I and apparently I was sort of sassy.  I, however, don't remember this...but JD assures me it's true.  Then, J and another boy from his floor were running around taking pictures with random people.  J caught one of me at the vending machines {typical...} with him posing behind me.  I didn't even realize this until months into our relationship {& no that picture will not be shared... I look SICK!}.  I guess I didn't make too many bad impressions though, since he married me. :) 

Now to the night of our meeting... 
For those of you who aren't members of my church, I should do some explaining.  We don't pay our members to serve in the church.  Typically, each member has a "calling" - or a responsibility {cub/boy scout leaders, nursery leaders, Sunday school teacher, etc.} where you aren't given any form of payment for serving.  Freshman year, I was the activities committee head chair.  This means I had to plan all of the activities for the year.  This ended up being pretty ironic since I probably would never have gone to any of the activities if I wouldn't have had this responsibility.  For our October activity, we planned a trip up to Timp Lodge at Sundance to do country swing dancing {check out my country dancing shoes...wowww} and some other outdoor activities.  We needed people to drive everyone up since most people didn't have a car, so I had to do some serious recruiting to get volunteers.  J ended up being one of those people.  He also decided to be pretty helpful in every other way, too.  I quickly realized that he was being the first to jump up and help when I needed just about anything.  And when it came time to pick partners, we somehow ended up being together...even though our height difference made things a bit complicated.

He made me laugh really hard all night long & was prettttty sassy {which I guess I liked}.  It kind of blossomed from there.  I constantly wanted to be with him - and I'm pretty sure he felt the same way.  :) We had our first kiss a little over a month after meeting & that was the beginning of the end.  By second semester, I really started thinking that he was the guy for me {& he was}.  He left on his mission in July to Japan & we wrote the entire two years.  He came home and the rest is history.

I sure do love that boy and October 13th.  I have no idea how I lucked out and that smokin' hot boy overlooked my chubbiness, gross clothes {not much fit me at that point}, and bad eating habits.  I guess my awesome personality just shined so much that he couldn't get over it. ;)  Whatever it was, I am so grateful that everything fell into place the way that it did.  Sometimes life is just perfect in that way.

{We were SUCH babies!  All of these photos were taken in '06-'07}

1 comment:

Ashley Kay said...

i proudly take credit for that first picture! haha i can't believe how long ago that was and how time has flied by soooo fast! miss you two!