Some really fabulous things happened today (plus one minor glitch). We were able to go to the Neff's ward today and see Trevor give little Sunny Bea her baby blessing. Jenna & Trevor are such cute parents. Today was fast & testimony Sunday, and we were able to hear both Trev & Jenna bear their testimonies of Heavenly Father's love for His children. It was such a special experience. It's not often when you get to hear some of your closest friends' testimonies. So many of our friends came to see the blessing & as everyone was walking in, I looked around and couldn't help but think about how grateful I am for the gospel in my life.
We have such fantastic friends who are great examples to me of living what you believe. I feel like the more I look around me, the more I realize how blessed I am to be surrounded by such incredible people. I have made some lifelong friends over the past 6 years here in Provo through school, the dorms, work, etc. I love them all so much and feel like one lucky, lucky person.
Now I know you're all wondering about the hair that is not attached to my head in the bottom left photo. Before I fishtail braid my hair, I always put it in a side pony and then braid it. After it's braided, I always go back and cut the clear hair tie. Today I didn't quite pull it out far enough, and I ended up losing some hair in the process. So far, I can't tell if it's obvious that I'm missing clumps of hair, so that's the good news. However, I also haven't seen my hair completely straightened yet. I never had one of those traumatic scissor stories as a child, so I guess I was due for it.
P.S. We successfully made cookies today. This is HUGE. We have probably attempted cookies 10 times in the last 3 years (almost) of our marriage. Every time it has been a huge, fat FAIL. Something always goes horribly wrong.


No comments:
Post a Comment