Busy. That's all.

10:24 PM

I know that everyone and their mom is super busy, and you can add me to that list.  I've gone another week without a post.  So, I apologize to my 2 readers.  I would blog about my busy life, but it's been the boring kind of busy lately.

It's no secret as to who I am voting for in November (see sidebar).  I try not to get into political conversations via Facebook since I truly believe that no good really ever comes out of it.  However, seeing as how I am finally back at my home for the day (16 hours later), my bed is calling screaming my name, my life is boring and I have nothing else to blog about (and this has been on my mind multiple times a day) I thought I'd share (& then go to bed) an article and some facts quickly.  I'm not looking to argue or debate.  I'm just throwing out some brain food.  Take it as you will.


1. Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?
  • Unemployed Americans since Jan 20, 2009 up now almost a half million people
  • Unemployment Rate up 3.8%
  • Long-Term Unemployment up 87%
  • Middle Class Income Down $3,960
  • Gas Prices up 107%
  • Home Values Down 11%
  • Worker Health Insurance Costs up 23%
  • Sending your kids to college up 25%
  • Americans in Poverty up 6.4 million people
  • Food Stamp Recipients up 46% - Cost of the Program to Taxpayers $75.7 Billion
  • Consumer Prices up 9.1%
  • Federal Debt up 51%
  • Debt per person - You now owe $16,306 more than you did when Obama walked into office
  • Global Competitiveness 2009 USA #1 2012 USA #7
  • Americans than live in households receiving gov't benefits up 49%

2. Finally.  I've been thinking about this ever since I heard about the attacks on the embassy in Libya.  

I try to keep my mouth shut about the fact that I'm not in agreement with my President (99% of the time, anyway).  However, I am really having a hard time getting past the fact that my President invited a member of the Muslim Brotherhood to the White House, and yet he denies Israel (our allies), the opportunity to meet.  

I can't understand why people would want to re-elect a man who hasn't made the impact (or should I say "change") that he said he would.  We are in an economic crisis and we here we have a candidate who is the king of the economy.  He understands how to create jobs.  He understands how to successfully run a business.  Why are we ripping on him for that?  We need something DIFFERENT.  What we have right now is not working.  I don't know how else to say it.  I'm not saying he's perfect.  But he sure is a heck of a lot better than what we have right now.  

Whew.  I'm done.  For good (I think).  I may regret posting this later, but I'm over it right now.  My eyes are drooping and my head is now aching --- I shouldn't ever try to discuss my feelings in regards to politics.  

Goodnight, America.  

3 comments:

KaycieQ said...

I agree on everything you said! It really is ridiculous how Obama has blinded so many people with his charisma and charm. Disgusting really.

Anonymous said...

I have the exact opposite view points as you politically, but all I could think of when I read your post was how happy, happy, happy I am to live in a place where everyone can not only have an opinion, but shout it from the roof tops if they want to :)

I know from reading some of your other posts that you feel the same way!

Go America :)

Best,
A random creeper reader (I found your blog through someone that went to my HS and I always read because your life sounds so happy and you post the best pics! Your blog rocks!)

Ash & JD said...

@giveitawhirlgossipsquirrel - thank you so much for your comment. It made me really happy to read. It's hard to not feel intimidated about posting your political views without being ripped apart over it. Hence, why I never comment back on liberal posts. Everyone deserves to have their own opinion without ridicule. That's what makes America and its people great!

Thanks for reading my blog! I was pretty sure I only had two readers (mom/mom-in-law) so now I know I have at least 3! :)