Sorry. I had to.

9:24 PM

I've been trying to be good and not write as many "teacher posts" this year...
but I really just can't resist these three pictures.  


 {I died of laughter after reading this letter.  Every time I have a sub, I make the kids write me a letter the following day about how it went.  This time it was a little different.  I was actually sitting three feet outside of the door all day testing their reading levels.  A.K.A. I heard EVERYTHING that happened. This was one of the letters I received from one of my loud special students.  He is a crack up!} 

{Had a mummy funeral in class today.  It's fun to do things two years in a row.  It went much more smoothly this year!}

{This picture is so crappy but it was the only one I took.  The reason I took it is so I could have photo proof to go along with this story.  After school on Monday, I was sitting there grading papers.  One of my students decided to stay and clean the board like 349578349 times in a row.  While cleaning, he looked at me and said, "Wow.  It looks like you went wild today.  Your hair looks CRAZY!"  I admit, my hair was kind of a nightmare that day.  But, wow.  I was not expecting a comment like that!  At least it wasn't as bad as this one: "WHOA!  You have a HUGE zit on your face!" <--- Yeah.  That really happened last year.  People say elementary teachers have a lot of confidence from all of the compliments they receive.  They never taught 6th grade.  It goes both ways people, it goes both ways.  Nothing like an honest comment to bring you down to the depths of humility.}

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. We were so perfect for the mummy thing. :) Just kidding. But I bet I do know who that "I guess I learn something new every day" kid was. You are such an amazing teacher. I love you!
-Jessica