Golden Gate Park + Chocolate

12:53 AM


On Wednesday, my mom and I cruised over to Golden Gate Park.  It was so relaxing to just sit under the sun and chat.  The park spans over 1,000 acres of land so it's a little overwhelming.  We really only saw a very small piece of it.  Regardless, it was just nice to have some mother/daughter bonding time.

Since Wednesday was also JD's last day of work, he was able to join us for our adventures on Thursday.  His one request was that we waited for him to go to Ghirardelli Square {we went a month or so ago, but didn't sit down to actually have any sundaes}.  We kept our promise and walked down to the Pier & Fisherman's Wharf & then stopped by the square.  We were even able to find Bush man along the way.  I could've watched him scare people all day...so entertaining.

It was so great to just have time to explore the city in our last days, with my mom.  It's definitely much more fun when you have someone with you to enjoy everything with - especially when that someone is your mom.  She is the best & I am so lucky to be her daughter.  I'm already looking forward to seeing her and my dad again when they come out to Utah with Lexi in a few weeks!

This city life has been a wild ride and I can't believe it's actually coming to a close.  I'm contracted to start working in less than 6 days and somehow I am going to finish prepping for all of the school stuff, move into our new apartment, AND get back to Utah {that might be an important piece of the puzzle} in that amount of time.  I know neither of us are looking forward to those things {I really, really abhor packing/unpacking}, but hopefully we'll be able to just get it all over and done with quickly.

Thanks San Francisco for introducing me to the city life.  Next time I'm here I am for sure going to Mama's & Bi-Rite Creamery {both were on my list but never happened}.  However, I think I'll hold off on the trolley ride and save that one for the crazy tourists who like to stand in line for hours.

It's been real, SF.      

No comments: