These are a few of my favorite things...

12:17 AM

For some reason I've been singing that song for two days straight now... in a Julie Andrews accent, too.  I'm sure my neighbors are lovinggg me right about now.  Anyway, since it's been in my head for the past 48 hours, it seems only fitting to share with you, two of my "favorite things" these days...

1. YOU GUYS.  I finally found something I could wear my Peter Pan collar necklace with.  I've had this for months {Forever21 purchase} and couldn't really figure out how/what to pair it with.  Then, I found a sweater from my beloved GAP with the perfect neckline.  YAY!  You know how excited I am about these little collars lately, and although this isn't an "authentic" collar, it's close enough.  

2. Uber.  LOVE it.  It's probably one of my favorite things about San Francisco.  I'm not sure what other cities have it {or if it even exists anywhere else} but it is so great.  Basically, it's an app you can download onto your phone that supports a network of black car companies that transport you around the city, instead of taking a taxi.  All the billing is done electronically since you put your card number on the app AND there's no tips.  After you drop a pin on a map {on your phone}, you're sent a drivers name with his rating and told how many minutes away he is.  You get a text as they're pulling up, they open the door for you, and it's safe!  Since everything is tracked online, you don't have to worry about any sketchy drivers or other situations.  The one downside is that the minimum fee is $15.  Normally it costs around $8.50 to get to most places in the city, plus the tip... so Uber is generally a little bit more expensive.  If I need transportation during the day, I usually take a taxi {which isn't often}.  However, it's pretty much the only thing I take after dark now.  I feel way safer, the drivers are super nice, and it's a really quick process since you don't have to worry about paying and can just jump out of the car.  5 Stars for Uber from me, all the way!