The reception was at Inverness Country Club and the view was GORGEOUS. Unbeknownst to me, the U.S. Open has been played there 4 times. The reception venue had huge windows that looked right out onto the course. It was beautiful. Of course my mom was amazing and had h'orderves and a lemonade bar in one room and a dinner in another. She did awesome.
The best part of the reception was getting to see so many people, though. Our first, third, and fourth grade teachers were there. I just think that is the most amazing thing. They were at my wedding reception (along with some of my high school teachers) also. We were seriously blessed with the best teachers growing up. I want that same thing for my future kids one day. All of those women and men that I spent a majority of my days with were so influential in my life. They truly helped to mold me from the time I was 6 to the day I graduated college. My first grade teacher, Mrs. Fork, was there at the reception and as she was leaving, she said one of the sweetest things to me. I couldn't help but tear up and I just thought to myself, "THAT is the kind of woman and teacher I want to be to my students and that is DEFINITELY the kind of woman and teacher I want for my kids one day."
I have had quite a few conversations with different teachers and professors throughout the years that have been pressed into my memory forever. For some reason, I got really stinking lucky to have elementary teachers who loved, supported, taught, and cared for me, high school teachers who helped me to see the world in new perspectives, let me bawl my eyes out to them, listened, and taught me life lessons. I even had college professors who took time out of their busy schedules and asked us students to come in and visit with them so that they could get to know us better. I had professors who laughed and joked and made class enjoyable. Of course I had the opposite of all of those things as well, but more times than not, my life was impacted by incredible men and women who had a large part in shaping me into who I am today. I wish I could go back in time and make sure they knew exactly how much I love and appreciate all they did for me then and now.
I have had quite a few conversations with different teachers and professors throughout the years that have been pressed into my memory forever. For some reason, I got really stinking lucky to have elementary teachers who loved, supported, taught, and cared for me, high school teachers who helped me to see the world in new perspectives, let me bawl my eyes out to them, listened, and taught me life lessons. I even had college professors who took time out of their busy schedules and asked us students to come in and visit with them so that they could get to know us better. I had professors who laughed and joked and made class enjoyable. Of course I had the opposite of all of those things as well, but more times than not, my life was impacted by incredible men and women who had a large part in shaping me into who I am today. I wish I could go back in time and make sure they knew exactly how much I love and appreciate all they did for me then and now.
The wedding reception was beautiful, the food was divine, the cupcakes were mouth-watering, but the people...that was really the best thing about it. Weddings are so beautiful for that reason. Of course, they're beautiful for other obvious reasons as well. :)
How divine did those cupcakes look? I'm seriously craving them again, just looking at them. YUM.












No comments:
Post a Comment