This is my 11:30pm rant. Don't judge.

11:30 PM

I am going to pull my hair out for so many reasons right now.

1. My cell phone service in this box SUCKS.  I don't use that word too often, but right now...it's the only word I have to describe how freaking annoying it is to have to get up and walk to the window every time I want to send a text.  OR how frustrating (& uncomfortable) it is to plaster myself against the wall in a specific spot in hopes that my phone call will only drop once during the conversation.  I will be the first to admit that I am the worst at returning calls and texts, but it's been taken to a whole new level.  All of a sudden I'll see the little voicemail icon in the top corner of my phone from 3 hours ago.  Whoops.  Sorry that I didn't hear the last 5 attempts you've made to contact me.  But hey!  Good news... I got the voicemail you left, just a few hours later.

2. I've been in this little (I use that word quite seriously at the moment) room for pretty much the entire day.  I tried to go to Golden Gate Park 2.5 times.  All of which were failed attempts.  I showed up early to the bus stop, went to the right cross streets, but was at the wrong bus stop.  Bye bye, 38L.  So I walked myself back up the hill through the Tenderloin to my apartment, pulled up Google Maps again, and rerouted my day.  I was on my way to the right stop an hour later, just in time to catch the bus...pulling away.  GREAT.  I sat at the stop for a few minutes anyway, hoping to be able to pull up something on my phone.  I was throwing my fist in the air as I pulled out my phone to see that it had virtually no battery because our charger is slow as molasses here.  Then, I was yelled at across the street for my attire.  "YELLOW PANTSSS!!! YEAHHHHH!!! YELLOW PANTS!!!"  Awesome, ya freaking weirdo.

Once again, I made the walk of shame back to my apartment, only to get upstairs, pull up Google Maps, find a new route, and check my email.  My mom forwarded an email to me from a family friend who sent me a list of things to do in the city.  She mentioned Golden Gate Park and to be careful while I'm there.  Of course I googled it, wondering if it was unsafe.  Someone wrote a review TODAY about how they were yelled at by a bunch of homeless people while they were entering.  They said once they were in, they were fine...but they had to wait it out so that they could walk in with a group of people.  As much as I love being yelled at (especially today), I think the "yellow pants" comment was enough for one day.

I sat there and thought to myself, "I tried.  I really did.  It was a valiant effort and I'll give it another  go tomorrow."  Then I pulled out my book, crossed my legs, and ate some Ben & Jerry's.  I did get out one final time to do some grocery shopping this evening.  Big girl panties turned into training panties yet again, since I pulled out my practically lifeless phone and called J.  We decided a trip down south was very necessary so I am heading to Laguna to be with the fambam on Saturday.  We'll see what tomorrow has in store for me as I try to conquer the bus system here once again.  No yellow pants, though.  Those are going to stay tucked in the closet for a while.

3.  The world's biggest bug tried to break into my apartment tonight.  I went into the kitchen and I saw something scurry...literally, scurry across the floor.  I flipped the light switch on and there was the biggest beetle I've ever seen (alive).  I hightailed it to the closet to get a pair of JD's shoes, because I sure as heck wasn't going to squish the thing to death with my glitter lace-ups.  I had to smack that thing like 6 times before it finally gave up the ghost.  SICK.  I still freak out thinking about it.  You better believe that in my prayers tonight, I'm saying my thank you's that it was only a beetle and not a mouse, because if that were the case, these yellow pants would be a touch yellow'er if you catch my drift.

(Okay...so I know they are a little bright.  But honestly, I know my pants are yellow.  
Why are you telling me AND the rest of the street this?) 

4 comments:

Cheryl C said...

You are so stinking cute! Don't let anyone intimidate you! You' got mad fashion skills! "Yellow pants!" means, "teach me how to be so stinking cute...please." You should just think, "yeah, I got yellow pants, and I rock em!" :)

Rachel U said...

you're doing great!! good for your for getting out. i am nervous to move to a big city too- chicago. its def going to be an adjustment.

you should take BART to walnut creek and go shopping! it is such a cute town. and eat at tomatinos. best pizza ever. and i think its only $8 to get there on BART which is great!

Chelsea May said...

You are so funny in your writing!! Favorite comment was " Big girl panties turned into training panties yet again" Good luck in SF! Miss you tons!

Tiffany said...

This is too funny!! People in big cities are weird about colored pants... I got the same reaction in Boston last month with orange pants. Whatever... you rock 'em, girl!!