Day 1:
First of all, when we were driving up to our apartment on day 1, we drove right through the Tenderloin (the ghetto of SF). At first I laughed and it was humorous to look around and not see one person that looked "normal." I smiled and thought, "Yeah for diversity!" Then, reality smacked me in the face and I realized that I only lived like 5 blocks away from this celebration of diversity. Which is fine if I have my husband with me. However, that will be never since he will be slaving away at the office from 8:30-midnight every day. Therefore, I will no longer be traveling down hill...which I guess means that Union Square is the only place I can travel. ;)
Anyway, as I'm having my panic attack from the amazingness of the Tenderloin, we drive uphill, back to back traffic, and pass our apartment. First of all, I hate traffic. It gives me anxiety and turns me into some psycho, mean woman. Secondly, I'm thinking about how there is no way that I am going to be taking our car out ANYWHERE. Thirdly, where in the heck are you supposed to dump all the crap out of your car when there's no where to park?! Thoughts: "Freakin a. I thought there were a lot of red curbs in Provo... I'd never seen SF. How in the world are we going to haul all this junk?" Needless to say, we ended up finding a meter down the road and we just walked to and from the car to drop our junk off. Throughout all of this, I'm seriously holding back the tears. JD keeps staring at me like, "Is my wife about to lose it any second?" I say, "I don't want to talk about it right now. I'm fine." Because you know how you can keep yourself together until the moment someone asks you what's wrong? And suddenly you've become a freaking fire hydrant exploding? C'mon women...you know what I'm saying. Well, that was me. So it was better not to talk about my "feelings" at the moment.
Anyway, I won't get too much further into the details. All I knew at that moment in time, was that I
Now here's where the "however" comes into play. That evening, after some unpacking, JD and I were told there was a restaurant a few blocks down that we should try. It was so cute and nice and clean. I loved it. That was one of my first happy experiences of the day. Then we headed down to Union Square. I've never seen JD last so long during shopping. I know that deep down, he was hoping that something about this place would impress me. And it did. The shopping here is insane. People were not kidding. H&M kicked our "Fashion Place H&M" in the hiney. Sephora was incredible. Nordstrom was HUGE. Anthro actually had skirts that fit me in the sale section. Oh, and best story of the day happened at J.Crew:
Me: Sir, do you guys carry swimsuits in store? (because if anybody does, it's SF)
Worker: Well, yeah but they're just the one pieces. We don't have any bikinis.
Me: Oh, great. Where could I find them?
Worker: Honestly, I don't even know. She (points to a female employee) could help.
"She": Here you go. No one ever buys our swimsuits in store since we just have one pieces. You could try them on for size though and order online.
Me: Actually, I really love these. Thanks!
Haha... this is the most coveted item in Utah county. Hello. SF is a whole new world. It's kind of amazing. By the end of our mall trip, we were pooped. Like really. I couldn't even walk. Somehow we made it home, got in bed, watched the Bachelorette and wished we could be back in Provo with the Neff's and Christensen's watching it. We're kind of big fans, in case you didn't know (fans of the show...and our friends).
(JD feeling the burn while we waited for our Jamba's)
Day 2:
Well, JD peaced out and headed to the "other big city" on the other side of the country. I can't say it was a happy moment, but one that needed to happen I suppose. I spent most of the day watching Hulu, painting my nails, unpacking the rest of our junk, getting ready, and reading. Finally around 5 I decided it was time to venture to the outside world. Since I only know how to get to one place without a map, I headed down to Union Square. I've been searching for a certain perfume from Anthro and the last 3 times I've tried to get it, they've been out. So imagine my excitement when I suddenly turn a corner in Sephora and lo and behold, there it is. I guess SF isn't so bad after all.
I can't really claim that I had my big girl panties on this entire time. I would call them "training panties" since I stayed on the phone with my mom for the entire hour and a half that I was out (thanks mom). Day 3 is where I finally pulled the big girl panties out of the drawer - but you'll just have to hear about that at a later time.
Anyhow, the rest of my evening consisted a stop at the grocery store for the essentials: Eggos, syrup (and you KNOW it had to be Auntie J. Love that brand), bing cherries, & Ben & Jerry's. Then I came home, read some more, and watched a few episodes of Gossip Girl (I never jumped on the bandwagon with that show and I'm still trying to decide if it's worth my time). Then it was bedtime for this chick.
(A few of my views as I was walking home)
(My new glitter nails)
Day 3:




3 comments:
This is so random! But Jeff and I are moving to the San Francisco area in the next couple weeks and just like you said, housing is no easy task...how did you find your studio?? Thanks girl!
Sounds like good times in SF! My good friend and her husband are out in SF for the summer while he's doing an internship.. maybe you'll run into them!
Ugh, I don't think I'm a big city girl either. Wondering how it's going to work for me. I think parking is probably my biggest nightmare. P.S. Love the nails
Post a Comment