On Thursday, I walked into my classroom to find the room full of balloons, birthday graffiti on my whiteboard, and "Razzles" spread all over my desk. I go by "Mrs. Rasmussen" most of the time, but I also enjoy the title of "Mrs. Raz." At one point during the year, for some reason I told my students that our internet name was Razzle Dazzle...hence the photo below. My students are so thoughtful and sweet. I wish I could post a picture of the culprits that broke into my classroom before I even got there ! :) You'll just have to imagine how cute and awesome they are.
Then my mom and dad were sweet enough to send me flowers. It's always fun to get a delivery halfway through the day! I am such a lucky girl. I love my parents!

By the time I got home from parent/teacher conferences (day 2, mind you), it was about 9:00. The whole house was clean, there were fresh yellow tulips in the vase, Aust and Kend were there, and JD was baking up a storm in the kitchen. Turns out Aust and Kend AND JD baked cakes. Both were delicious! I was impressed and felt so loved. Some friends also came to celebrate with us and Lex and Dayna joined in on the action, too. I really do have spectacular friends and family.

Friday, JD took me on a surprise date to Ruth's Chris. We hadn't been there since Aruba last May...and it was definitely time! They treat people like kings and queens there. The table was decorated before we arrived with a little card, every time someone visited our table they addressed us as "Mr. and Mrs. Rasmussen" and wished me a happy birthday. Talk about amazing customer service. It was such a treat! Dinner was delicious, and then because we were there for my bday, we got a free dessert! YUM! (Oh...and a trip to Anthro was made after dinner!)

And although I don't have photos, we spent the next afternoon in Salt Lake seeing the Hunger Games and checking out City Creek with friends. It was quite the weekend!
I'm feeling like 24 is going to be an amazing year. It's already been a great start!
No comments:
Post a Comment