One morning last week, one of my girls walked up to me with the little paper doll you see below. She informed me that three of the girls in the class had gotten together the night before and had decided to make a "Mrs. Rasmussen Clothing Line." I couldn't contain my laughter at that point. All I could say was..."Wow!" As the next two girls came into class, they brought two more dolls up to me.
The thing that cracks me up the most, is that when they think of their teacher they automatically think of blazers, cheetah print, and big necklaces. Yikes. Maybe I need to rethink my wardrobe. When I first started working in the schools, I was told by one of my professors that I wore too much black, brown, and gray and that kids need to see brighter colors every day. So from that point, I decided that the things that I would normally wear on a weekend, I would wear to school and just dress it up more. Now I'm wondering if I should reconsider....




(P.S. The last photo is made out of a paper that has a velvety feel. They informed me that these pants are just like my velvet black pants that I wear...hahaha, oh my.)
2 comments:
this is awesome. do you think they could make a life-sized rasmussen line that they could donate to me? haha you have the best clothes!
No way Ashley, you rock whatever you got. Your fashion sense is awesome and kids do want to see that. I think they were paying you a compliment
Post a Comment