New year, new habits.

10:01 PM

I'm on a roll. There are quite a few things that I'm really trying hard to make habits in my life this year. Some are personal, some are not. I'll share my "not-so-personals" with you.

Learn and become decent at my husband's favorite game: Scrabble. I really suck but he's being patient and helpful. This isn't so much of a "I want this to become a habit and I want to play it for the next 365 days of my life" kind of thing as it is that I just want to be okay at it so that I can give JD some competition! :)


Cook. For about 18 months of the 25 we've been married, I've been pretty darn good at dinners. Once August hit, it all went downhill. We made Penne Rosa last night. My goal is to cook at least 3 dinners a week. I'll start small.


And finally, it's January 17th, and I haven't missed a day. Are you impressed or what? I sure am! I spared you any saucy details of my life by putting a picture of my two most boring and anti-climatic days. Lucky you.



And I'm sorry, but again...how cute is this book? I love seeing it sit there next to my bed. It's freakin adorable. I love pretty much anything gold...so the pages and lettering certainly help.


Hopefully I can keep these little habits up. Isn't there some proven fact that once you've done it for 30 consecutive days, it becomes a habit? If so, I'm over halfway there. Go me.

2 comments:

Steve Vincent said...

I believe it's 21 days so you're stankin close girl. No stalker or anything but I really enjoy reading your blog. Keep em coming cous.

Steve Vincent said...

Ps... I will self volunteer my wife and I for a couples scrabble game. Only if you can handle getting it handed to you though. Haha. Just messing. But serious about playing.