

JD got a text from Sqweez today about a deal for a wing place in Provo. It was an amazing deal, so obviously we had to succumb. Even though we waited in a forever long line, the price was worth it. I'm not normally a wing girl, but when you get home from work at 7:30 at night, you really are not in the mood to cook a meal. Call me a bad wife. Go ahead. I'm over it.
P.S. This is a complete sidenote, but I need to rant. Has anyone else been following "Occupy Wallstreet?" I'm having a hard time taking some of these people seriously. You're against capitalism? Big corporations? Then please explain to me why you're parading around in the streets with your iPhones, iPads, and then spreading the news with Facebook. You think Facebook and Apple aren't big corporations? Think again.
I'm sorry... I'm trying to understand, but I'm struggling. And now they're making violent threats? Is that the way we're going to fix America? Come on, people. Take a bath and get a job. What good are you doing for yourself as you stand in the streets, day and night? Coming from the daughter of a temp. agency regional manager, there are plenty of jobs out there. They might not be glamorous, but a job is a job. I've done them. Good old dad used to make me do some of them in an attempt to prevent me from ever dropping out of college. Yes, they're hard. No, they aren't fun. But money is money. Sorry if your paycheck won't be as large as your unemployment check, but at least you'll have a job.
Again, I'm sorry. I'm just so tired of hearing about this and most of all, I'm flat out worried that this is going to be taken to extreme measures and go way too far. I understand that there are people out there who are selfish and say ridiculous things about their money and others lack of it. However, not EVERY single person who makes money IS like that. All I'm saying is that there are other ways to express frustration. People need to calm down and get their feelings out in a civil manner.
3 comments:
Hi Ashley, you probably don't know me but you might know my sister, Jennifer Vos. Anyway, I enjoy your blog and thought you'd appreciate this photo
http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/183261-occupy-wall-street
Have a great day!
Anna
Hey Ashley! It's Jackie!!! I always see your blog pop up on my feed and really appreciate catching up on your life occasionally. I'm so glad to see that things in life are going so well!
Just a response to the Occupy Wallstreet stuff... I understand your frustration, I just wanted to say I think a big part of the protests are about the disparity of wealth in our country. I don't think everyone would say that the rich are evil or corporations are intentionally evil (or at least I, as a supporter of OccupyWallstreet, wouldn't) but instead it scares me that the gap between the rich and the poor is growing so quickly and isn't really talked about. Also, I have a lot of friends and family members who are willing to do the hard work and still can't find jobs. My dad has had a really rough time for the last 6 years and he is one of the smartest and most amazing people that I know. I really enjoy thinking through these things (even though they frustrate me a lot!!!) and truly do appreciate hearing your thoughts about them too! I found this website really helpful in terms of thinking of wealth disparity:
http://sociology.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/power/wealth.html.
Hope you'll check it out!!
MORE importantly, again, I'm so glad to see that life is wonderful! I hope we all cross paths in Perrysburg soon!
Sending my love and peace,
Jackie
Post a Comment