I'm the real deal.

12:00 AM

I found out some AWESOME news yesterday. Are you ready for this? ....School pictures are FREE for teachers. Wow. Lucky me, it was just what I wanted... 2x3's, 3x5's, and an 8x10 of MYSELF.

I jokingly told my mom I was going to send her a picture and this was her response:
Mom: Yeah actually, I think I'm going to want to order some copies.

Are you kidding me?! How embarrassing. Just when I thought I was growing up, I get shot right back to 7th grade. JD told me I "look like a teacher" in this picture, and I think I'm going to take that as a compliment. Here's to supposedly being an adult, but not feeling like it at all...Cheers.


P.S. While we're on the subject of teaching, does anyone have any good Halloween costume ideas for me? Halloween is kind of a big deal in elementary school and on top of that, I'm kind of competitive and I want to have a better costume than any of my students. Is that childish? Don't answer that. But do answer the first question. I'm in desperate need of ideas A.S.A.P.

8 comments:

Nielsens said...

ha! can you sign the back of one and give me a copy?! i'll hang it in my cubicle at work! :)

ps. ive been trying so hard for costume ideas since my work goes ALL OUT for halloween. i just hate spending money on costumes that i wear once so that's the problem. ill let you know if i come across anything good for you.

Anonymous said...

You would make a great orbit girl!

Aubrey said...

I found your blog through Lynsey. I am a teacher too and I blogged about this very thing!! Haha. You are so cute and I love reading about your adventures in your first year. It's my second year teaching French at a middle school. If it helps, I'm going to be a witch for Halloween. Uncreative but easy.

Hailey said...

Your picture looks so cute! Mine in a little frightening...anyway, maybe we should plan something amazing for Halloween costumes. You know...coordinate? Let me know what you think!

Anonymous said...

A pencil or a crayon would be very teacher-ish and cute! Or dress all in yellow, make some planets out of styrofoam and have them hang from your belt! BAM! You're the solar system!

amy firsdon said...

I have a few that have won. Make a pop can out of card board for the top wraped in foil, drap some fabric the color of the pop you are making and then use fabric paint to make the designs. Snow White is a good one if you can find a black wig. But I also like the crayon idea I am sure the kids would love that. Wilma Flinstone, Take white felt to make the dress and the all you need is big white beads for a necklace.
good luck!!!

Lynsey said...

We took our pictures 3 weeks ago and we still haven't got our free pictures back! I'm anxiously waiting. P.S. I hate that you got that polka dot cardigan from Banana. I have been searching everywhere for it and I can't find it!! It looks so cute on you!

The Theodores said...

I totally got free school pictures too! Logan cut one out and put it in his wallet. he tells people it's my senior picture...embarrassing:)