Welcome to our pad.

8:33 AM

I promised pictures...and here they are! Please excuse my ratty bangs/ponytail in all of these pictures. I should probably get ready before doing something like this...but oh well. Here it is!

This mirror is in the "entryway" (it's very small). It's pretty much the best find ever and inspired the more rustic feel we went with on the frames in the rest of the apartment. I got it at D.I. for a grand total of.... (drum roll please).... $2! What a catch!


This second mirror is in the hallway between the two bedrooms. It was originally a plain black mirror from Ikea from years ago when I was living the single life. About a year ago I saw a cute idea on a blog (I wish I could give her credit, but I only saved the picture to my desktop) and decided to use it. Eventually I got around to painting the mirror AND the ridiculous amount of close pins pink (it took A LOT of time!). This is the final product.


Does this look familiar? :) It's pretty much identical to our old bedroom but I thought I would still take a picture of it anyway.


One of the walls in our bedroom. The picture was from a session we did over Christmas break in Ohio and the little blue print to the right of it is of the Newport Beach Temple. Love it.


Just a side shot of half the room.


Our dresser... clearly I need to put something in that frame. I also need to clear that stack of books off. Good thing I get my classroom keys today!


The beautiful peony that Kendy's mom gave me. Isn't it gorgeous? Everyone who sees it thinks it's not real...but it is & it's straight from her garden!


Some shots of the family room...The mason jar was originally clear, but after a white coat of paint, I think it fits much better. It only cost me 10 cents from D.I. The flowers that are inside are from Hobby Lobby and were also 50% off. The frame on the second shelf was from T.J. Maxx, the yellow candle holder (yes it's a candle holder) was on clearance at Pier1 and the blue tall jar was also clear, but took a hit from the spray painting bottle.


Hobby Lobby was having a 50% off sale on their open back frames last week. I already needed a frame for this picture (also from Christmas break) and I fell in love with both the price and the look of this frame. It went along with the rustic feel from the D.I. frame. You also might notice in the photo of the shelves above that there's another open back frame. It's the exact same style as this big one, but I left it open and it's obviously smaller. It was such a steal.


All of the furniture in the room is our "old" ( guess it's not really that old at all) stuff from when we got married, minus the lamp. There wasn't a light in this room for some weird reason, so we needed to brighten it up a bit. We also got a few new pillows (I rotate them through the house quite often) from Ikea and a market in Salt Lake. Again, I found amazing deals. I think I'm getting good at this bargain shopping thing.










This is our kitchen...obviously. There's not much going on in here at the moment, but I thought it was picture worthy anyhow.




This is our sweet little kitchen table that we bought off KSL before we got married for a VERY cheap price. When we bought it, it was just plain brown on top. It looked even cheaper then than it does now, so we decided to sand it and paint it black on top. It's not our favorite part of the house, that's for sure. We figure though that we'll get all new stuff when we actually have a real house anyway, so it's pointless to spend too much money.




You may have noticed that we have a nice little mirror hanging above our kitchen table. This is another proud moment. It's the same open back frame except it's a 24x36. We bought it open and then we went to Lowe's and had the cut a mirror to fit the frame. Then we took it back to Hobby Lobby who put it all together for $8! Also, there are some pictures reflecting in the mirror. Even though I love my Peru boys...that picture will be leaving shortly. After we get some more recent photos taken, we'll fill in some of the blank spots in the house. Once that's done and I finish dealing with our 2nd bedroom, we'll have photos of those up too.


So that's our place. We really love it here and are thinking we'll be sticking around for a while.

4 comments:

Nielsens said...

ash! you've done a lot of work!!!! everything looks great. i especially love the bedroom. can't wait to see the place in person. you'll have to teach me how to bargain hunt for house stuff when i get back!

danielle said...

did you the open from next to the hobby lobby flowers at hobby lobby too??

Colette said...

Looks so great and i love that pink mirror!

Aleece said...

LOVE your apartment! You are so crafty!