Playing with the Rebel.

7:10 AM


The top two photos were taken by me {obviously} and the bottom were done by J {do you like my Grinch face??}.  I feel pretty proud of the first one, although J was definitely not nearly as enthused to be the model as I was.  ;)  In all fairness, we had just gotten home from the gym.  Scratch that.  I drove home and J ran home.  He's good.

I'm wondering the best time of day to take photos AND how to shoot in the sun.  Also - out of curiosity - my pictures on iPhoto look better than they do when I upload them to blogger.  Is that normal?  Photography friends {do I even have any of those?} - HELP!  I am clueless.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ashley, I love following your blog :)

Best time to shoot, the golden hour. This is the first and last hour of sunlight in a day. But you can really control any type of light using your manual settings.

And it is normal for photos to upload looking flat. You need your images to be sRGB for them to look their best. Check out this tutorial for help! http://melissa-burns-photography.com/2011/09/22/does-your-image-change-color-when-its-uploaded-to-the-web/

I know this is so random, but I'm a fan! Best of luck :)

Jessica Holly said...

I agree with Emily ^ early early morning or dusk is the best! It makes for less shadows and harsh lighting. Also, if you do take photos during the day I like to get into some sort of shade.

Nicole said...

In the evening before the sun goes down. Best time of day by far. :) xo