Spring break is over in 11 hours {give or take} and as expected, I have mixed feelings. There are about 16 projects I should've completed and didn't. I certainly wouldn't mind sleeping in another day {or 3...or 4}. And I really should've spent my Saturday cleaning up the house for the upcoming week. Regardless, I am getting antsy to see my people tomorrow. This is about the time of year where I suddenly become nostalgic and want to freeze time. Especially since this time around, it's the beginning of the end. The end of being able to see my students {past and present}. The end of being able to just bombard my sister's apartment. The end of my sis&brother coming over for homework help. The end of having a girls night with my gal pals. The end of the life I've created for myself the past almost 7 years {where did time go???}. And that's hard, darn it.
I've never been good at closing doors. I have this weird thing about not being able to go back and relive something. When you're done with college, you're done. There's no going back. Not really, anyway. Sure you could go back and get your Masters or something totally horribly sounding like that {I used to want to get my Masters...until I started working and realized the likelihood of me going back is slim to none} but that's not really the same chapter. And as far as leaving my job... I practically burst into tears every time I think of leaving Spring Lake {my school}. I mean, I'm getting teared up just typing that sentence. I love the people I work with. I have the most BOMB boss. And I love the families of my students almost as much as I love the students themselves. My toes just barely hit the water and all of a sudden I'm being dragged back to shore to start all over again. And who even knows if I'll be teaching in the city. YOU GUYS. I hate the unexpected. Hate it.
I think knowing about the move has been decent for me. I've had lots of time to reflect {& cry}. And I realize that there are definitely some exciting things happening in the next few months. I feel like I've had so many epiphanies lately that will hopefully make the adjustments easier and still, I'm in denial that I'm about to pack up my crap, sell half of it, and leave my friends, job, and family behind.
So I intended to recap my spring break and instead jumped to a completely different track: a self-pity post about how I suck at changes. My whole point was that even though my break wasn't exactly full of mind-blowing productivity/activities, I enjoyed spending my time with people that really matter to me. And to be honest, I'm a little excited to go back tomorrow. I love my job. I love the people I work with and I love the people I spend a straight 6.25 hours with. These next two months will be me just trying to soak in my last moments with some people that I really, really have grown to love and care about.
Are you crying yet? No? It's just me? Weird.

1 comment:
Yeah. Can I copy and paste this to my blog???
I could not agree more.
We can do this.
Post a Comment