Oh to be young.
10:17 PM
, By: Ash & JDIn a random google search, I came across a list of the top 100 children's books. Scrolling through the page, I may have reverted back to my childhood days. I was SO lucky to have parents and teachers who loved to read and taught the value and importance of it. One of my fondest elementary memories every year was the book fair. The entire gymnasium was full of books. Dozens and dozens of tables would be covered with picture and chapter books, leaving me in some kind of a trance. My dad would always say, "When it comes to books, you can have whatever you like."
From a young age, I loved to read. At one book fair my parents bought me a head lamp {I was soooo cool}. After my parents would tuck me in, I'd hurry and pull it out from under my bed and pull out my favorite Goosebumps book {embarrassing... I know}. I thought I was SO sneaky. Turns out my parents knew it was happening for YEARS. Now when my students tell me they were up all night finishing "the BEST book" I can hardly get upset.
I LOVE reading all books - picture books, chapter books... everything. There's something so magical about it all. I can't wait to introduce my little ones to some of my very favorites. 90% of the time when I imagine me and my future children, I picture us crowding around someone's bed reading a story together. I think even JD will join in. He's been known to enjoy my read alouds during road trips a time or two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I had EVERY single copy of all the goosebumps books! They were sooo scary and sooo good! haha! love it.
I love what your dad would tell you! Reading truly is magical and I'm with you- when I picture my future little blessings, I almost always think of us reading books in the nursery.
xoxo
Post a Comment