Food.

11:18 PM


I promise this is not going to turn into some "Track My Nutrition and Exercise blog."  But I have to share these two yummy meals I had this weekend.  I just recently became a "The Biggest Loser" fan.  I mean, I love it.  I sit there and either cry or fist pump every episode.  I love hearing about the different things they eat, too.  Although this sandwich on the left has the egg yolk, it was still delicious and I think it was pretty healthy.  I just made a fried egg, put it on non-toasted multi-grain sandwich flat with black peppered deli turkey {my FAVORITE}, cilantro, and bell peppers.  It was so delicious I had it twice.

Meal #2 did not come out of our kitchen...but was from Mountain West Burrito.  My husband loves it, but I've always brushed it off to the side since let's get real...how good can a restaurant attached to a gas station really be?  We went on Saturday on our walk back from the gym and I got the steak salad... SO good.  In following my apparent weekend pattern, I had this same meal twice as well.  Go figure.

We've been pretty good at our house about eating lots of vegetables and fruits lately.  We were feeling proud until I found some book by Jillian Michaels at Costco where she ripped on non-organic produce. Crap.  Sorry Jillian, but my wallet can barely handle the $60 of produce we are buying from Costco every week.  I don't think I'm going to be switching over to the organic side of life any time soon.

3 comments:

Rachel U said...

girl. biggest loser is like our favorite show. pretty sure i cried watching the finale last night. jillian michaels is my girl!! i love her. if you want some fun workouts, try her videos on youtube! they are all on there for free and i do them all the time! they are KILLER but such a good workout!

Chelsea May said...

Oh my goodness we're in the same boat. Fruits/veggies are expensive enough as it is! And a lot of Tommy's family members are all into the organic stuff. But if it makes you feel better (cause it made me feel better) I was talking with a food scientist and he said that organic food is silly because you're paying more for an inferior product (because it doesn't last as long or grow as well) and you get the same benefits out of each.

Tahnee Gregory said...

I LOVE Mountain West. That place is seriously one of the places we miss most about Provo (so pathetic, I know).