Alright, you got me.
10:01 PM
, By: Ash & JDFriday was my 25th birthday & I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to be a quarter of a century. 25 just sounds so much older than 24. It's become somewhat bothersome over the years when I have people tell me how they can't believe I'm a teacher because I just look "so young." Now that I can respond with a smile and a "Actually, I'm 25" seems so refreshing.
When I got to school on Friday, I found a note on my computer that said, "You're probably wondering where we are. Come to the cafeteria. Good luck!" I walked to the cafeteria, didn't see any of my students inside, shrugged it off and went back to my room. A few minutes later, there was an announcement telling me to go to the little theater. Confused, I walked to the library {where the little theater is located} and heard some whispering voices inside. I opened the door to find my entire class scream "SURPRISE!" and sing my family birthday song {I taught them} to me. The whole room was decorated with balloons, streamers, and a huge table full of food and presents. I honestly was in shock. I could not believe that they had been able to pull the entire thing off. The fact that they had everyone there, TONS of food {really...look at those cupcakes...CRAZY!!}, decorations, presents, etc. seriously surprised me. I had NO idea that they were planning this.
They eventually explained to me that they had arrived at school to set-up at 7:30 am! They had put up clues all over the school that led me on a scavenger hunt to the little theater. The second clue was on the back of the cafeteria door, which had been opened, so I had never seen it. When I didn't show up, they knew they needed to call me down to the theater. Also, on Monday afternoon, the main secretary called me down to the office and had the other secretary take over my classroom. The nurse pulled me into her office to talk to me about uploading my immunizations onto the district website. I was so antsy to get back to my room to get them ready to go home but the conversation just kept dragging on. Apparently, while I was down there, the kids were planning the whole thing out so the nurse was trying to buy them time.
I truly felt so loved. I didn't even have words to explain how blessed and spoiled I felt. I still don't. I can hardly believe that a bunch of 12-year olds pulled it all off, leaving me completely clueless about the entire thing. It really was one of the very best birthdays I've ever had.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
if that isn't a testament to how much those kids love you (because of how much you love them), I don't know what is.
Happy Birthday Mrs. Raz!!
that's the cutest thing ever!!! i love it. what sweet kiddos. Glad you had a happy bday!
Post a Comment