MORE FUN CRAFTS.

5:07 AM


I know that most everyone has seen/done some wood staining before, but for whatever reason I am finally getting my feet wet in this department and I am LOVING it.  There's something so relaxing about it.  I feel a lot more comfortable with my sketches when I draw it out with a normal pen, but I think it'll feel more natural after some practice.

All you need is some wood stainer and a paintbrush to start.  Depending on how many coats you put on, your color can come out very different.  For example, if you look at my finished pieces below you'll notice that the two on the ends are WAY darker than the one in the middle.  They actually were made with the same stainer, but the two on the ends have a few extra coats.  If you only do one coat, the stain dries 10x faster.  From there you can either use white paint or a white paint pen to write some kind of message or drawing.  I've used both, but the paint pen is way easier for smaller details.  I added a gold liner around the middle one and after I'd finished, I wished that I hadn't.  Oh well.  You live and you learn.  Seriously though.  This needs to be tried by everyone.  I find it so relaxing.


1 comment:

Allison said...

Is that backdrop a couch? Rug? I love the print!