BREAK MY HEART.
9:46 PM
, By: Ash & JDYou know what would be awesome? If it would flipping STOP snowing around here. I mean, honestly. Is it this horrible anywhere else in the U.S.? I really don't think so. This winter has been brutal. The only answer for it must be that the Lord is slowly easing me into looking forward to a San Francisco winter next year...?? That's the best I can come up with.
Literally the only reason I left the house today was to go to work. I came home to an empty pantry/fridge which meant we had yet another reason to leave the house...food. We ended up trying out a new local place {I'm leaving the name out for the sake of this story}. Quite frankly, it was overpriced and not very good. However, we've been wanting to try it for a while now, so I'm glad we just went ahead and did it. The unfortunate part was that I ended up spending a majority of the time feeling horribly sorry for our waiter and the entire restaurant in general. Granted, it was snowing pretty bad tonight BUT the place was empty. Our waiter was clearly new {like maybe his first night "new"} and didn't quite have the menu down yet. He was so nice and at the same time so awkward. Does anyone else's heart break for people like that? The food was clearly not great and you could tell everyone working there knew it. Two guys that sat down next to us sat there, ordered their drinks, and then left like 10 minutes later {they did leave a little tip on the table}. Our waiter looked heartbroken by the time he got back and saw it. I was DYING. I mean the whole ordeal pretty much consumed our conversation. I just hate things like that. It makes me so sad.
Upon pulling out of the parking lot, I knew the only remedy for our "oh my gosh, I feel so bad/awkward" past hour was obviously a trip to Target. That store is honestly the greatest. I love nearly every aisle I walk down. Darn that stupid @Targetsdoneitagain instagram account. I really need to unfollow those chicks. They post like 12 things a day that are so cute {and sooo unnecessary}. Anyway, we got a few necessities and then I found this candle --- I have an obsession with candles, but this candle...it was different. I smelt it and immediately had a flashback to my childhood. I couldn't pinpoint what it was specifically and it's still kind of driving me nuts that I can't. Regardless, childhood memories are seriously borderline sacred to me so I knew that candle was going to need to be mine. Sooo, my tender, swinging, playing capture the flag until dark, soccer loving, little girl candle came home with us {after purchasing it, of course}. And that was the silver lining in my day. Even snow, a sad dinner date experience, and a day of work can't overshadow that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Woah. I'm so curious about this restaurant sitch!
Post a Comment