Photo Diary: Lonely life.

12:59 AM







 {




With the husband out of town this weekend & inches upon inches of snow, I've spent the weekend cooped up at home listening to Christmas music, dreaming about playing with that sweet puppy, and watching Gossip Girl.  Turns out I'm even lamer than I knew.  I came home from work on Friday at 7pm, just in time to catch a few episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress" and then crash on the couch from 8:30pm - 2:30am.  Woke up with the TV on, nasty breath, hair on top of head, and smudged make-up.  Although I managed to make it to the bathroom to brush my teeth, the make-up stayed on and so did my jeans and hoodie.  

Saturday I turned on PANDORA Christmas, lit all the candles I own, and cleaned the house.  Cleaning is so therapeutic for me.  I literally enjoy scrubbing this place down.  I wasn't always like that {especially growing up} but in the last 4 years, I've become some kind of crazy, anal, "we can't go to bed until the pillows are straightened on the couch," kind of wife. 

Here's to only a day and a half left without my main squeeze.  Oh, and p.s. thank you for all of your kind comments and emails about the last post.  It meant a lot.  

1 comment:

Nielsens said...

I have "fond" memories of you and I scrubbing down the kitchen together at HP. I'm glad you grew into therapeutic cleaning. I appreciate it as you know I am the same!
I didn't know you were alone this weekend! I would've had you come over or something (or join the Nielsen fam in our outing to use your sweet discount). :)