MAC... how do I love thee?
6:45 AM
, By: Ash & JDOkay...by NO means am I some makeup expert. Let's just make sure we address that fact, first. However, I've made my fair share of trips to the MAC counter {especially lately} and I've found a couple of new things that I am just LOVING.
1. MAC Prep & Prime Skin Base Visage - How did I never use a skin primer before Saturday? This stuff is amazing. It makes the rest of my makeup go on nice and even, but even more importantly... my skin feels like silk! It is seriously amazing. I find myself touching my face more times a day than I'd care to admit.
2. MAC Matchmaster - I've been using this stuff for about a year now and I love it. They have an awesome brush that helps with applying it evenly and I feel like since I've been using the primer, I like it even more.
3. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - I put this on after the Matchmaster. It just gives a nice finished look. If you like to keep your makeup basic, you could probably just stop right after this step. I love the Matchmaster with this because it gives a nice overall color. I feel like my face is so discolored and I tend to look a little blotchy without makeup on, so I think these two really do the trick.
4. MAC Pink Swoon Sheertone Blush - When the MAC lady showed me this the other day, I about died with how bright it looked. She applied it for me and showed me how to use it and I fell in LOVE. It's such a great color that doesn't come out as harsh as it looks. I apply this to the very top of my cheeks.
5. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - Similar to step 3, except the MAC lady advised me to use just a little bit a day to put right above the blush underneath my eyes as a highlighter to bring out my cheeks and eyes and give a bit more definition. I'm a fan and I'm pretty sure it will last me a few years.
6. Sephora Bronzer - I actually do this right after Step 3, but put this at the end since it's the only non-MAC product. I apply this on the very bottom of my cheekbones and go up the side of my face to my brow area. The thing the MAC lady kept stressing to me was the importance of keeping it going so that you can't see where the bronzer started and stopped.
At the end, I take one brush and kind of blend everything together for an even look. I know this is sort of a lot of steps for just your face, but if you're anything like me, you'll find it kind of fun. I feel like I'm working on an art project every morning! :) I'm still working on perfecting this whole thing, but I feel like after some help on Friday evening, I am starting to get the hang of it. Finally. I'm freaking 24. I should probably know how to do my own makeup by now. I'm workin' on it....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ah! MAC is the BEST. I'm so glad you wrote about the primer because I was debating on whether or not to buy but now I'm convinced. Nordy's trip...? :)
Post a Comment