Monday Funday.

6:45 AM


I feel completely uneducated admitting this, but I really wasn't even sure what the purpose of Labor Day was until I googled it (on Labor Day).  I mean, obviously I could've guessed based on the word "labor."  However, I wanted to be sure.  Incase you're wondering or wanting some history, check here. Who knew it's been celebrated for so long?

I for one was glad to have a day to rest from my normal labors.  Even though I spent 3 1/2 hours grading dialogue papers and journals, it was nice to do it in the comfort of my own home.  Plus, I was able to do a lot of little things around the house that I'd been putting off for a few weeks.  After all of that was finished, J and I headed to Kendy's parents house for a giant slip n' slide party.  Following that, we met up with Al & Sam and had a little BBQ in the canyon.  Then we may have stopped by Yuki for snowcones that we definitely did not need.  Whatever.  He's only open through the end of the month so we better take advantage of it while it lasts!

I LOVE this time of year.  I kind of can't believe there are already so many orange and red leaves.  It's barely September!

It was a beautiful day.  Thanks Peter J. McGuire!  You da best.  

1 comment:

Brittany said...

you are killing me with all the utah green and utah summer, and utah activities. Brown grass texas, I miss utah!