A Celebration of Life.

7:12 PM

On Saturday, my Great Grandma McComas celebrated her 95th birthday.  She has lived an incredible 95 years and we love her so much.  At 95, she has outlived her own daughter (my Grandma Sally) and her husband (see photo of them below).  She has an amazing amount of energy.  In her 80's and early 90's, she would visit nursing homes, dressed as a clown, and make neat balloon shapes for them.  Nowadays, she is an actress for many different church movies.  AND, she still looks like a babe.  I am amazed at how "go-go-go" she is at her age.  I hope that if I live that long, I'll have that same amount of stamina.  Go Stella, go!  

It was also great to be able to see some of my {great} aunts and uncles, grandparents and cousins.  Family is amazing.  I feel so grateful for the people in my life who exude such positivity and happiness.  They are such fabulous examples to me.  Thanks, fam.  Love you all more than you know!  





On our way home from the party, we were also able to stop by and visit Al, Sam, and their new baby Eleanor.  She is ADORABLE!  And, we quickly discovered that she is the absolute youngest baby {by far} that I have ever held!  I snapped this photo of her and J because I was cracking up at how confused she was every time she looked at him!


Last night as I was getting ready for bed, I started thinking about how amazing life is.  Within a few hours, we had celebrated the life of a 95 year old woman who has seen almost all life has to offer, and we also celebrated the life of a 4-day infant who has her entire life ahead of her.  It was one of those feelings that's hard to describe.  Mostly I was just in awe of how precious and amazing life is.  Life is full of so much joy & difficulty, and the older I've gotten, the more I've begun to realize that both are equally beneficial to us in our journey.

Stella {my great grandma} inspires me to be the best that I can be & to find pleasure and happiness in all that surrounds me.  Little Eleanor reminded me of the innocence and purity that sweet little babies come to this Earth with.  We all have that within us somewhere.  And maybe when we start to lose patience with one another {especially at this election time of year}, we can remember that.

Life lessons, guys.  So great.

1 comment:

Nielsens said...

Life is pretty amazing. As is the body and helping hands that Heavenly Father puts in our lives. I've had lots of "life" reflecting moments like you described this weeks myself. Thanks for coming to meet little Elle Rae! Maybe she'll have JD figured out next time she sees him :)