Zero Talent.

12:00 AM





Remember the awesome triple waterfall braid that my 13-year old cousin did for me last week on vacation (see via instagrid)?  While she was doing it, it brought up some conversation amongst some family members about our lack of "hair-abilities."  I am seriously the worst at doing hair...ever.  I curl it or I leave it straight.  There may be an occasional sock bun, but that's about it.  I never learned to french braid...and worst of all?  I can hardly do a normal braid - at least one that looks decent, anyway.  My poor daughters (keeping my fingers crossed that I have at least one) are in t-r-o-u-b-l-e.  J is actually very talented when it comes to a braid, so I may need to send the kiddos to dad when they want something more than a ponytail before school.  

Even aside from the future, I am getting so sick of the same thing every day.  I have long-ish hair so I may as well do something with it, right?  I youtubed it up yesterday afternoon in search of some quick buns and twists that I can do before school every day.  There were way more videos than I was expecting, and a girl can only learn so much in one day...but I think I'm slowly making progress.  Since I shower at night (during the school year) and I'm pretty much ready to go in the morning as far as my hair is concerned, I actually think I could pull off all of these quick (& a little messy) hair-do's.  I'm hoping that after some practice this summer, I'll have them perfected by the first day of school.  We'll see about that.  For now, I'm just proud of myself that I can use a bobby pin in more than one way.  Now, the day I can do a fishtail braid straight back (a.k.a. not on the side of my head)... that'll be freaking awesome.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have the links to your videos. I love them!