Venn Diagram'ing cities.

12:08 AM


You know in elementary school where you use a venn diagram to compare and contrast characters in  books?  It's hard not to be reminded on a daily basis as to how different Provo and San Francisco are.  Actually, it's almost comical.  A mini venn diagram pops up in my mind frequently, and last night was one of those moments.  J fell asleep before me (which rarely happens) and I sat up for a few hours listening to completely drunken kids singing along to "I Would Walk 500 Miles," girls screaming, and plenty of other things that shall remain unmentionable.  Immediately my mind flashed back to our days of living in the basement apartment under 4 awkward guys, who know just how to turn up the volume when you're sick/tired.  Instead of Provo and SF seeming so different, they were one in the same last night.  

These two places are very different, but also similar in some ways (p.s. I should've added church to the middle --- same anywhere).  The pros and cons of both even out, and as long as J is there, wherever I am is home.  It doesn't mean I'm fully converted to the city life, because let's be honest, I'll probably always be a suburbian girl.  However, I can recognize good things when I see them & both of these places have their roses.  I am certainly missing my friends in Utah but have met some cute, fun girls in my ward here so I haven't lost all hope of a social life in the city. ;) 


Here's to an unpredictable rest of the summer, for better or worse!  

No comments: