Stepping outside

12:30 AM

of this comfort zone, lately.  I am that girl that does one of two things with her hair everyday: leave it down and straight OR leave it down and curled.  I rarely even put it up.  However, this wind (& lots of extra time) has made me re-think my same old styles.  I've tried some different hairstyles lately and was surprised at how easy and quick they were.  I really think I could do any of these before school.


Milkmaid Braids//KardashianGaga Bow//Twisted Braid Bun

Okay, last time I showcased some of the little hairstyles I tried out, I did no explaining.  This time, I'll attempt to give my semi-confusing instructions for each of them...

Milkmaid Braids: Separate your hair down the middle all the way back.   Braid one side of hair and pull that braid over the top of your head.  Bobby pin it down (you may need more than 1 bobby pin if you have thicker hair).  Braid the other side of your hair and then pin it over your head as well.  Make sure to cover the first bobby pin.  When you go to bobby pin this second braid down, try to do it in a place where it can go under the first braid.

Kardashian/Gaga Bow: I have tried SO many tutorials on this one and none have worked for me.  My cute sis did this on her hair the other day and when I saw her "insta" a picture of it, I was DYING.  I called her and asked her how she did it.  Granted, she does have much thicker, prettier hair than I do...but I figured I'd still ask.  I'm going to link you to a pretty good video, BUT there are a few things that my sister did differently, and thus, I did differently.  In the video, the hair that she leaves hanging down the back, I put in the front.  You just pull it the opposite way.  I feel like this made the middle of the bow look more natural.  Also, if you have thin hair like me, you'll want to tease it or make it a bit thicker just so it sits more stiffly.  Mine lasted me the entire day.  I also did mine the day after I did the milkmaid braids and didn't wash my hair.  There were still some kinks in it from the braid which also made it a little thicker too.  

Twisted Braid Bun: No instructions here.  I'll just link ya right to the video I used.  

Good luck!  I am all about these.  And p.s. if you have any other cool tutorials that are fast and easy, I would love to know about them.  I'm kind of obsessed with trying new things lately, if you haven't noticed.  

2 comments:

Karisha said...

So one place I love to look for videos for hair is http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsMakeitUp1/videos. She has a lot to sort through but this one, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbKLvIEDzOo&feature=plcp, has some cute quick hairstyles.

PS. Love your hair bow. It's the best I've seen!

Brooke said...

Ok you are seriously the most darling person ever! I found your blog a little while a go, and have since loved stalking it haha.