Husband at work = Attempt to entertain myself
12:30 AM
, By: Ash & JDJD had a late night yesterday, so in order to entertain myself, I pulled out my watercolor set (do I sound like I'm 5 or what?). Remember when I took that trip to the craft store a few weeks ago? I came upon your typical Crayola Water Color pallet and decided I would test my skills. I had my students do a watercolor accordion book back in January for their poetry and while they were working, it was all I could do to not jump right in and paint with them.
I had fun playing around. I by no means have any talent in this area whatsoever, but it did keep me entertained for a few hours. I used to really enjoy art when I was younger. My Grandma Sally was the most talented artist - like I'm not kidding...she was amaaaazing - and when she passed away, I wanted to be just like her as much as I could. I hung onto all of that through about 7th grade, and then just kind of dropped it. I think that must have been a weird age for me. I dropped a lot of things around that point in my life that I still regret...writing books {not that they were any good}, playing the violin, art, soccer, and dance. I don't even remember making a conscious decision to quit those things. It just sort of happened over time. I get annoyed with myself the most when I think about giving up the violin. I was actually decent at that.
Back to last night though...at first I was frustrated because I wanted everything to look symmetrical/perfect (I have issues) and then I realized that the imperfections made it a bit more personal. You could definitely tell I did it! Are you laughing about the top picture? I chuckle every time I look at it. It looks like we're wearing goggles. I guess I'm okay with it since I do love a solid pair of goggles. :) Oh well. There's a first for everything, right? Here's to re-developing old hobbies. Anyone have a violin I could borrow? ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
ash you have skill! i love the temple and the quote from "the help".
I actually do love the top picture you did of you and JD. I think its awesome! You should frame it. :)
That is awesome! I especially love the chevron stripes. Nice Job!
You are the cutest. And get to selling those babies... you've got talent, girl.
Post a Comment