8 days of bliss.

12:02 AM

I don't care what anyone else says/thinks about Utah.  It is such a beautiful place for so many reasons.  I totally was a Utah hater when I first arrived there 6 years ago.  Over those years, my attitude towards it has changed a lot.  I pretty much like just about every thing it has to give.  I've established a life and a home there.  I mean, I've spent 25% of my entire life there; I've gained an education, graduated from the university of my dreams, made lifetime friends, met my husband, and lots of other very heartwarming things.  And even though I will probably never love BYU sports as much as OSU, Utah holds a pretty big spot in my heart.

Since I had some teaching workshops there last week, I flew down for 8 days.  I got to see lots of friends and family (Maeg even popped in from North Carolina!), work in the classroom (still have loootsss to do), buy all the school supplies for my new class (I think I'm still in denial that I'm not getting my 27 favorites back this year), work a shift at the GAP and got to see all my favorites there, sign a contract for an apartment, and even find out who won the Bachelorette (shhh!!  JD still doesn't know --- hardest secret ever!).  It was a busy week and I felt more productive than I have in a while.  And can I just say, it was like a breath of fresh air opening the door to my car and sitting in the drivers seat?  I honestly felt a sigh of relief.  I occasionally get a bit homesick for Maisy.

I was certainly excited to come back and see JD, but it definitely made me eager to get back out there in a few weeks.  Not to mention, it was so HOT.  Almost a little too hot.  I think the temperature will be about perfect by the time we get back in town.  I honestly want to fist pump every time I think about pulling back into Utah County.  Am I an official dork now or what?!  I'm over it.  I love Utah and I won't take it back.  See you in a few, Utah!

2 comments:

Jessica Holly said...

I hear ya girl! I love Utah! Plus, there's nothing like a Utah summer.

danielle said...

I am so so bummed that I missed Cheetah dinner. Seriously, I think I teared up when I saw that picture.
I'm crossing my fingers you'll be at the wedding this weekend.....