Gone with the wind.

12:30 AM

Let's just talk about the crazy weather here.  I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that someone dubbed Chicago as the "windy city."  Apparently they've never been to San Francisco.  I've never been a big fan of wind, but ever since my bang era, I've hated it even more.  You should see the pictures from Kendy and Austin's wedding --- bangs, bangs everywhere.  Anyway, I despise the crazy wind here and I can now present my proof of how bad it is...

Case-in-point #1: Monday, I did my hair in a rolled knot.  While it was nice to not have the rest of my mane blowing in my face while I strolled through the city, it did some damage anyway.  Of course, I went about my day having no idea: shopped and then went to a baby shower (I have friends...can you believe it?) and finally came home wondering how it had held up.  YIKES!  I am one hot mess. 


Case-in-pont #2: Okay...that second picture is no joke, people.  This place is nuts.  I have no words.  


Case-in-pont #3: We went to a company dinner last Friday.  I can't lie... I was excited to pick out an outfit and get ready.  You know those days where you do your hair and you want to fist pump in the air because for once it looks like you intended it to?  Friday evening was one of those times (& they don't happen often).  Although we took the bus to pick up our car, we did have to walk a few blocks to get there.  The wind was raging.  I'm talking hair flying everywhere, sticking to your lipstick kind of wind. By the time I got to the car, my hair was straight and a tangled mess.  I knew it would happen the second we walked outside.  Hence why the "before" and "after" pictures were taken.  So, I got to walk around that night with what looked like random kinks in my hair.  Niiiiice.  


I'm sure you can sense my frustration.  I've vented and now I'm done.  You won't hear another word about it from me.  Promise. 

No comments: