Public Display of Verbal Affection Alert. Consider yourself warned.

12:30 AM

Happy birthday to the most handsome, patient, supportive, hardworking, lovable man I know.  

Unfortunately he's working his tail off today (can you believe it?!) and I'm making a 13 hour drive.  We really know how to celebrate, huh!?  Luckily, we had a little date night out on the town two weeks ago for an early celebration, but I am still bummed that I can't be there today when he gets home from work to surprise him with a yummy cake and streamers filling the "apartment."

Instead, this little birthday blog post will have to suffice.  As I went through all of the old pictures, I couldn't choose just one, or even 10.  There were even more that I wanted to use, but I knew I needed to draw the line somewhere!  I couldn't help but be reminded of all of our happy, funny, and even difficult times while looking at these.  We have a pretty great life, but we have had some rough patches this past year full of lots of uncertainty with family, jobs, etc. and sometimes even stress (gasp!  I know...can you believe it?).  I know there is no way that I could've gone through any of it without this guy right there next to me.  


I am certain that my life would be incomplete without him there.  He is the most patient and loving person I've ever known.  If you know me, you know I can stress out about this easily.  He is the best at listening to me vent, giving me some validation, and then when I'm ready (because let's be honest, I never want the solution before I can vent about something for a while), help to find a solution. 


He came to my rescue countless times this year in my classroom and never complained one single bit.  He came to dance recitals, pizza parties, made Sunday trips to school because I forgot something there...you name it.  He did it.  He loved my students (almost as much as I did) and developed relationships with them, partly because he knew just how important they were to me.


He is just plain, darn, freaking funny.  I love just being with him.  I don't care if we're sitting on our bums doing nothing.  He makes me laugh harder than anyone.  I especially love when he laughs at me. It's nice to occasionally feel like you're a little funny.  :)


It's weird to think that there was ever a time when I didn't know him.  I feel like it's always been "us."  And I'm so grateful to know that is always will be.  He just gets me, you know?  I've never felt like I had to be someone I wasn't.  He married me knowing that I love to shop.  And although I've gotten better over the years, I've never felt condemned for wanting to buy a new shirt.  Is that weird that I love that about him?  Well, I do.  More importantly, I can do and say things around him that he doesn't judge me for.  I mean, sometimes a girl needs to vent about her lady issues.  Let's be real, here.  He listens, laughs, and makes me forget I was ever annoyed with it to begin with.  I love him.  

 

He is hands down the hardest working person I know.  He has the biggest heart and will do just about anything for anyone, without asking questions.  He makes me want to be better and nicer.  I think that's important.  I'm not sure he can say the same about me, but I'm working on it...alright? :)  


J.D. Rasmussen, you are the perfect guy for me.  I couldn't have asked for a better husband, companion, or friend.  I love you and hope you have an okay birthday (I mean, honestly...spending the day sitting in office without ME isn't going to be great). :) I hope this post made you smile.  I know how sad you were last year when I didn't put up a birthday post...so now I'm making up for it. ;)  

LOVE YOU, Diz.  You da, you da best.  

...And to all you lucky ladies with someone special in your life, give him a big hug today.  Sometimes it's just really important to remember all the reasons why you love someone.  I feel like I realize that more and more the older I get.

No comments: