I peaced out of the city on Saturday morning to hang with the Raz fam in Laguna/L.A. for the weekend. Delicious food was devoured & good times were had. Doug is continuing to progress and has way more courage than I could ever dream of. Jayme is being amazing as usual & is one of the strongest people I know.
I lucked out marrying into this family. And I really lucked out with being close enough to make weekend visits like this. I was even feeling wild enough to brave the BART. Not sure how often I'll be venturing out like that anytime soon, but it felt good to test out the waters. It really is the weirdest thing ever.
First of all, with an imagination like mine combo'd with viewing a ridiculous amount of morbid 24 episodes, you can't even begin to imagine what was running through my mind every time anyone stepped on the train. I am such a psycho. Secondly, how odd is it that there are like 20+ people on a train and it's silent? It's kind of sad. I had been asking people questions beforehand to make sure I was getting on the right train. Both of them happened to be on my train for most of the ride. At first we were all chatting it up, and then I noticed how no one else was speaking at all. Then, with my paranoid mind running rampant, I started thinking about how dangerous it could be to talk so much with these people I didn't even know. How disappointing is it that we really do live in a world where people feel like they can't trust the people around them? I mean, sure we're all strangers. Isn't that how friends become friends, though? Not that I want to be buddies with these people...but small talk isn't the end of the world, right? It just made me sad that all of a sudden, I felt like talking to the people around me could possibly be unsafe in one way or another.
Alright, enough of my sentimental thoughts for the day. The real fun came once I got off the BART. I decided that since I'm leaving for Ohio in 36 hours (give or take) and I will definitely be taking a taxi, that I should save some of my pennies and walk home from Union Square. Not a big deal when I'm conquering the hills without a 30 lb. bag. However, that was not the case today. Suddenly I was a sweaty mess and I could barely breathe/I felt like my arm was going to pop off my body. Apparently my "penny saving" idea was maybe not the most conventional thing I've ever come up with. Lesson learned.
This city is quite the treat. I feel like I have funny new experiences/insights on a day to day basis. Although the "funny" in my life these days is a bit different than the 12-year old "funny" things I experienced daily for the last 9 months, I guess it'll do for now. :)
P.S. I added a "Train" pandora station to my account today. I listened to it for the first time while I was blogging tonight. It's kind of amazing & you may need to make the add. Just sayin...



No comments:
Post a Comment