Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, & other disoriented strolls.

6:15 PM

Wow.  It was quite the afternoon.  I decided to make the trek to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39.  It's only a 1.5 mile walk, but somehow like 451 blocks long.  Seriously.  Anyway, it was a beautiful day & a gorgeous view.  I loved just sitting there and reading my book.  I'm currently reading "Al Capone Does My Shirts."  The story line takes place on Alcatraz so it was kind of awesome to sit there with the very island itself, just chilling off in the distance while I was reading.   Plus, I get to people watch.  This is the perfect city for it.  I'm trying something fun with people watching.  I'll have to divulge more at a later date.  Just wait for it. 












Finally I decided to make the walk back home.  It's nearly a straight shot, so I really have no idea when I went off course, but somehow I did.  I realized that everything looked way nicer on the way back than it had on the way there.  I didn't think much of it until I started looking around me a bit more and realized I was smack dab in the middle of the city (see the skyscraper photo?  I took that one while laughing my head off at how good I am with directions).  Whoops.  Luckily JD showed me which building was his the other day, so I knew I was pretty close to our street.  In the midst of my walk, I'm pretty sure I also passed China Town.  I can't be certain since I don't read Chinese, but you know... when everything is written in Chinese and there's little stands, even I can take a hint.  

My 3 mile walk today, suddenly turned into 5.  Which is fine.  I'm actually really proud of myself.  I didn't freak out.  I laughed, snapped some photos, and figured if I got really lost, I'd call a cab.  I will say that I learned 2 very valuable lessons today: 1.) Steve Madden sandals are really cute...but are a terrible choice if you're planning on taking a tour of the entire freaking city.  Yikes.  I ripped those bad boys off when I walked in the door!  2.) I am actually not as much of a failure at living in a big city as I previously thought.  I'm getting there, folks.  I'm getting there.  


P.S. I realize that I have blogged an embarrassing amount of times since arriving in SF.  I will be honest  and come clean.  I have a few extra hours in my days now, guys.  Yep.  I'm a big city loser.  With no friends.  It's fine.  I love to write and always have.  And since I have no service in this little box of mine, it means that I have no one to vent to or tell stories to.  Thus, I shall blog.  All summer.  So let's just get the judgements out of the way.  Yes I am a dork who loves to write and conveniently, has zero friends here.  So blog, I will.  Cheers. 

No comments: